- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 10 min
- 3 large ripe bananas (or 4 if small)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cup Stone-Buhr All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 325°F and butter a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
Mash bananas with a fork in a medium-sized bowl. Add melted butter, sugar and egg, stir to combine and set aside.
Measure flour, baking soda and salt into another bowl. Slowly add to wet mixture stirring just to combine. Fold in orange zest and toasted nuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven for one hour rotating the pan once, halfway through the baking time. The loaf is ready when a skewer inserted in the tallest part of the loaf comes out clean.